Friday, October 30, 2015

10/5/15

3 Nephi 17:2-5 describes perfectly how I felt to finish off conference yesterday. All i can say is I left this weekend with a renewed resolve to serve the Savior for the rest of my life. Oh how I love him. An email setting like this isn't the place to describe all I felt and learned, but I know that this church is true. So many prayers answered this weekend.

I must be getting either tired or lazy during emailing, but I don't have a ton to write about this week. The work is picking up very well and we are very optimistic about the week. Elder Cornelison put his first investigator on baptismal date this week and I was so proud! haha We were teaching a lesson which was going very well. We had talked about him taking the lead in that invitation, and he looked over at me at the end with a scared look on his face and said, "Do I invited him?" I gave him the go ahead. "Mike, will you be baptized by someone who holds the priesthood authority of God?" "Sure!" Came the response. What a champ. We were so excited!! 

The week went well. I am loving the feeling to just be able to work like crazy. That really is all i want to do. I find myself getting sad when I have to come in at night. During conference, I had a very sacred experience in priesthood meeting. Sometimes, you take being a missionary for granted. It becomes all you know and you don't think about it to much. Well, the closing song was "We will bring the world his truth." During the song, I took off my name tag and studied it. 5 years ago, I made myself a missionary name tag and hung it in my house as a reminder of where I wanted to be. Seeing the words "Elder Wheat" became a great motivation throughout High School for me. Through all the ups and downs of teenage life, the idea of one day being worthy to serve a mission kept me going. Immediately memories of what it took to get me here came flooding in my mind. All the tears shed and prayers said, pleading with God to be able to serve... I love my mission. I am so grateful to God for allowing me to be "Elder Wheat", a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. I love that man with all my soul. 

Elder Wheat

My MTC brothers I got to see today! We have come a long way!

1 comment:

  1. I love Elder Wheat's heart felt letters! He has served the Lord well!

    ReplyDelete