Monday, January 5, 2015

1/5/2015

Well winter came all at once, but from the sound of it, it did for everyone else too haha Today it was sunny with a high of 5 degrees (With out wind chill) and we got about 8 inches of snow in two days... It was a lot of fun to walk in haha 

I barely got to be with Elder Johnson at all this week with back to back trade offs, but it is good to be with him again!! I'll be honest, this week has been a total blurr for me, but I feel like I have learned a lot from all that happened. 

Most of the exciting stories happened Friday. We met with a man named Maurice, who we've been meeting with for awhile now. He was kind of a slow burn, but we hit a break through this week. He has been recognizing the changes that have been coming into his life, and after we talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, he came to the conclusion that it was all going to culminate in baptism. I must add that it is a really cool experience to watch one of your investigators receive revelation for themselves.

The Cowarts are so excellent. I feel like they are one of the reasons I was called to serve here. When I was on trade offs, they told Elder Johnson they were moving to Roscommon (if you haven't heard of it, thats ok, because I never did either), but we didn't get an address or a phone number, only a general idea. I was terrified we were going to lose them. I was praying big time that we would find. We knocked on 4 houses. One invited us back, one let us in (who is super solid) and the 4th one was Amber Cowarts. It was a miracle haha We had an awesome lesson with her. That woman is SHARP! She loves the Book of Mormon and basically taught us about the tree of life ahha I love that family so much. They are the greatest people on earth. Sadly, Amber can't get baptized yet, but she can't wait for the kids to in a few weeks. 

Last night we were watching a training video called The District, which is about 8 missionaries and their experiences. Watching that filled me with love and gratitude for all the experiences I have had, the lives I have touched, and the lives that have touched mine. If there is anything I am thankful for that Heavenly Father has blessed me with, it would be my capacity to love. Love is the root of happiness. I overwhelms me know how God must feel about each of us. I think the lesson that changed my life is understanding that God is a parent. Everything he does just makes sense now. Transfers is this week, and it is driving me crazy to think this could be my last week in Houghton Lake. I'll be honest, at first I didn't want to come here. Now, I can't stand the thought of leaving. Nevertheless, I will go where He wants me to go. It is my prayer that I will prove worthy wherever I am called. 

Elder Wheat


Happy Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment