Monday, July 6, 2015

I love to see the Temple 6/20/15

So SURPRISE!!!! I am emailing on Saturday this week. I had the opportunity to attend the temple today which means moving the day of our Preparation/emailing days to today! Can I just tell you how much I love the temple? What a special and sacred experience was to be back in the house of the Lord for the first time in 16 months. 

I had an experience there that I don't ever want to forget. I baptized a young man in January named Will Robinson. He is 14 years old and is like my little Brother. Today as I walked into the temple, I saw President Herlin, who is the Branch President in Houghton Lake. It would have been enough to just see him and his wife, but he also told me that the came on a youth baptismal trip and that Will was there! One of the more special experiences of my mission has to be seeing him in the Temple. It's been a long time since I have felt that kind of joy. I love the Temple.

I have to be honest and say that I am very spiritually and physically tired, so if this email is very short and incoherent, that is why. The week was one of the more productive I have had on my mission. We didn't have any trade offs or administrative things to do so we worked our tails off. We did a lot more door knocking than we usually have the opportunity to do, and we saw miracles. One of the days we talked to 10 people or so in the first hour and picked up 7 potential investigators and set up 5 new appointments for the following day. So far, we have found 4 new investigators this week which has been a huge blessing. I have no idea why the Lord is blessing us so much here in Lansing. On top of that, I recieved word that another investigator from Houghton Lake named Carol is getting baptized this next Saturday. The blessings are coming in a steady stream, and it is a miracle to be a part of. What a great work is being done in my past 2 areas. 

As for my weekly Sarah update, we have the best ward, and she is the best missionary in the world. Her and Tiffany are secretly reading together, her daughter Sarah is went to girls camp on Friday, she was SOOO excited to tell us about her downloading a ton of new "Mormon Apps and Games" for her kids, and she is literally inviting everyone and her mother to church haha. She has been such a huge strength to my testimony and I will forever love that family.

Janell is on date now for July 25 and is doing super well. We have had some huge miracles where we were about to walk by people but felt prompted to go back and they needed to talk to us. I cannot tell you how blessed this area is and how happy I am to be and serve here. Transfers are this week, and I have been here 6 months now, so I am on the Chopping block. Who knows what the future holds for me, but I am thankful for what has happened in my past and all that I am experiencing now! Love you all!!

Elder Wheat

The Detroit Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment