Monday, June 15, 2015

OH!! That was GOOD!! 06/15/15

Every baptism is speacial, but Dominick's was something else. His whole family came, including his Apostolic aunt, grand mother, and great GREAT grandmother. I was just waiting for a "HALLELUJAH!" to come out of the back row haha They have been waiting many years for this day, and were so excited to see it come to pass. They told us that if we could baptize him, we could baptize any one! I think the most excited one of them all was Dominick... He is usually a way quiet and reserved guy, but as he came up out of the water he shouted, "OHHH!! THAT was GOOD!" We all couldn't help but laugh. That smile of his for the rest of the service was so beautiful! Love this guy!! 

The week itself can be summed up in what went down yesterday. Dominick was confirmed, which was awesome, and Sarah and Janell came to church. Both of there dates for baptism were pushed back, but both are still way excited. Now I come to Sarah. We picked up her daughter Tiffany as a new investigator, and she had some incredible questions. They say that you are sent on a mission to your area because there was someone there that only you could touch. I am usually not a fan of that philosophy, since I sincerely believe God could do it without me, but the night of that lesson, something they said changed all that. The said the feel a special connection with me that they can't explain, and I responded that I could promise that it wasn't me, to which she said, "Doubt it. God is great and I feel you were hear for a reason deeper than you know. When you talk, we feel God strong." I don't think I can possibly receive a better compliment than that. I remember opening my mission call, and thinking "Seriously?", but I thank my God daily that I was called to serve in the Michigan Lansing Mission. There is nothing like being told by an investigator that you were called to an area to find them. 

Sarah Quote of the week:

"I have been watching the funeral of Elder L. Tom Perry (1st off, what investigator does that? haha ). Pretty deep... I can feel the love and the spirit so deeply... I honestly feel that being a Mormon is the way to go! Never felt this way. I have a lot going on lately. Almost didn't go to church, but the Holy Spirit said I must go, and I did. He talked to me through church today." There are no words. 

Janell is still way solid. We had a small anti scare, but she breezed through it. She came to church and out of the blue texted us afterwords saying "Church was great!" She wants to slow things down, but for a good reason. She came to Dominicks baptism and loved it. I look forward to her continued progression and conversion. 

Over the last few weeks, I have had the wonderful opportunity to give multiple blessings, and I wanted to share a couple of the experiences. We administered to a Sister Ware, a less active in the ward who has been plagued with infection, dementia, and addiction, and has been in the hosptial for 5 weeks without many visitors. The sister missionaries preceded the blessing with a beautiful spiritual thought on the Faith to be healed. While giving the blessing however, I felt strongly that I was not to promise healing. Rather I felt to comfort her with the knowledge of her near future freedom from this body and her forthcoming glorified body awaiting at the resurrection. The sisters were very surprised at the blessing, but notified us yesterday that she will probably pass away this week. Please keep her family in your prayers.

Saturday we were called to administer to a new born baby, who had air pockets in both lungs, and had contracted pneumonia, and was in the Neonatal ICU. It was a very sacred experience, in which I did feel impressed to promise healing, and yesterday we recieved word that the blessing worked, and the child was doing great. 

We don't do it enough as men, but I wanted to express my gratitude from the priesthood, and for our Heavenly Fathers incredible trust in giving it unto men. I know that it is real and was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith.

I really hope my joy in the work does not carry me away unto boasting, for I know that the Lord can do all of this and much much more without me. I am just so thankful and overjoyed that he has chosen to do this portion of the work through me. 

Love you all!

Elder Wheat

Dominick Lassiter Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment