Monday, July 14, 2014

07/07/14

This has been a growing week for me. We didn't teach to many lessons, but I have learned a lot. The weather lately has been pretty wacky. We had a crazy storm roll in last night. I remember just sitting on the balcony, hearing the rain coming, and seeing the lightning light up the sky, and I just started to sing "How Great Thou Art." It was a really cool experience for some reason. No matter what storm rolls in, there is always peace in thinking about the greatness of the savior. 

I sadly don't have any fun stories this week, except for maybe one. We stopped in to visit a 90 year old baptist reverend and his 85 year old wife. They were wonderful people!! They started by saying, "we hope you guys learn something today," and I thought, "Oh boy." They asked where do you think we came from? I whipped out Jeremiah 1:5, and I swear all I read was, "before I formed thee in the belly," and I said nothing else for the hour we were there. Reverend goes, "Wait where??" and I go, "The belly?" and he goes, "NO!!!! From the GROUND!!!" They proceeded to go on for an hour about how we come from the ground, how Adam "knew" his wife and somehow that equated to Mrs. Reverends past life of gambling and selling marijuana... It was... interesting. They were such wonderful people though! Could not have been nicer.

My first district meeting went really well. The zone leaders told me they would be there, but what they didn't tell me was they were going to be on trade offs with the Assistants, and right before we started in walks Elder Dericott, and I was like, "Well great!" It turned out to be an awesome experience. I seriously just have the greatest district in the whole world!!! Afterwards, Elder Dericott told me it was the best district meeting he has ever been to. I am so thankful the spirit was there to take over!

All I can share this week is this: We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, and we prophecy Christ, and we will become like Christ. I know the Savior lives and his atonement is real. I cannot ever repay what he has done for me. I wonder which drop of blood did I make him shed, and I know it has been far, far to many, but I am thankful that he did it. I am so grateful that because of him, each of us can begin again. Through faith, repentance, and baptism, our sins and there effects can be completely washed away. Everything that is unfair or difficult about life is covered by the Savior and his atonement. As we make covenants with him, we access the fullness of his power. Through his atonement, we can be completely transformed. I know how hard it is to give up our old ways and plastic pearls, but I know of the real ones Jesus offers us. Life is easy when you rely on the savior, for his yoke is easy, and his burden is light. I know he lives and I know his love.

Elder Wheat
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment