Sunday, June 1, 2014

05/26/14

Elder Jeffrey R Holland is an apostle of Jesus Christ. 

I have never been more sure of anything in my life. He just doesn't look like a normal person. Shaking his hand will be an experience I will never forget. Elder Hallstrom gave a wonderful talk on change. He has become my favorite 70. Elder Holland spoke for about an hour on taking your mission home, our purpose, and why missionary work is so hard. I wanted to share a couple quotes that really hit me"
"You cannot go back to who you were before your mission, because that person was not good enough."
"The road to eternal life is hard, because it always goes through the Garden of Gethsemane."

I have never been more sure that the church is true in my life. As I sat there after the meeting was over, my heart felt like it was on fire. I thought of how horrible it is that some people will never get to feel what I felt in that moment, but I guess that is why I am here. It was indescribable and very sacred. All I can say is, this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. True joy is only found here. It is only found as we come unto Christ, and invite people to come along with us. 

We had no car this week, so we took the bus quite a bit. That was interesting to say the least haha Walking has forced me to start talking to people on the street which I am really thankful for. I really needed the practice and I am really enjoying it. 

Unfortunately I don't have any stories this week. Maybe I do. I don't know. I am just exhausted haha I really need to just go work. Elder Bell goes home this week which is sad, but I am anxious for the change. Our companionship is doing very well! It has been 80 degrees and sunny which is wonderful! We have gotten to walk downtown quite a bit this week and it is awesome!!! It is so beautiful here!! My time is short, but if I didn't email back this week, I will next week! I love you all!
Elder Wheat
The District at memorial day picnic!!

Elder Adams and Elder Bell. Man they are awesome haha

Just thought I would throw this in because why not.

ELDER STATEN!!!!! What a guy :) He serves in Detroit and was in my seminary class

No comments:

Post a Comment