Monday, February 23, 2015

One on one with a special witness 2/16/15

This week Elder Marcus B Nash of the Quorom of the 70 came to our mission, and man oh man was it a special experience. I was trained personally for 3 days by a special witness of Jesus Christ. So many of my prayers were answered in such a short space of time, it felt like my mind would unravel. My heart has been filled with joy as I have been in his company. One of the coolest moments of my life was when I was asked to be interviewed by him. Sitting one on one with a general authority. I don't know that I have ever had an experience like it. I cannot write specifics of what he taught or shared, for they are very special to me, but I thank God that He is mindful of Elder Joe Wheat. 

It has been a life changing weekend as you can imagine. I feel like I have been drinking out of a fire hose, but the fire in my heart won't be put out. Hallelujah...

Well the work continues to roll forward as we approach the Pentecost of February 21. I am so excited!

Aubrieanna is one of my favorite people in the world. She just gets it. She has been going through a lot lately and asked if we would give her a blessing. She gave the closing prayer at the end of the lesson and said, "Thank you for this opportunity to be with the missionaries again and for this study. I am thankful that they have the authority to do this." She is geared up and ready for baptism!

The Esquivels are my family in this ward. They have a very special place in my heart! The mom just quit smoking and is so excited. Elder Nash came to our ward this week and Ixschel (The mom) asked "Who is that" I explained who he was, and she said, "I knew he was important when he walked in. He just has this aura around him." I got to introduce them to him, and listening to him bear is testimony to them personally was such a special moment for even me. I can only imagine what it was like for them. I looked over at Elder Jeppson and said, "THIS IS SO COOL!!" haha A general authority personally bore his testimony to our investigator family. You just can't beat that. Hearing this family pray is incredible. If you ever want to feel the spirit, listen to an investigator pray. The sincerity and the love they have is unreal. Even little 9 year old Evan prays, and tells Heavenly Father how excited he is to be baptized... I wish that you could hear it.

If this email seems a bit off, its because I can't find the words to express my feelings this week. It is difficult to cram a whole weekends worth of incredible experiences into one email. All I can say is Glory to God. It is the only phrase that makes sense to me right now.

Love you all!

Elder Wheat


Elder Nash, President Jacobsen, and The Companionship

No comments:

Post a Comment